Body shapes and sizes vary. When considering ostomy systems, this means that support and barrier shape need to accommodate the patient in order to provide a comfortable, secure experience.
That’s the goal of the SenSura Mio Convex Flip drainable pouch and series of ostomy products. Developed to fit outward body profiles, including for patients recovering from hernias, SenSura Mio Convex Flip barrier plates closely and more precisely fit over bulges and outwardly curved shapes, using a star configuration and elastic adhesive that moves with the body’s skin for a more natural sensation.
Benefits of the SenSura Mio Convex Flip Drainable Pouch
In helping ostomy patients achieve the desired fit, the SenSura Mio Convex Flip includes a stability ring that’s positioned to provide the stoma with sufficient support. Guides help the user apply the right amount of pressure. The result allows for more specialized, exact contact between the barrier and skin to lessen detachment risks.
Through these characteristics, the SenSura Mio Convex Flip delivers a greater degree of comfort and stability during use.
• Secure fit: The SenSura Mio Convex Flip is designed for patients with outward-curving stomal areas. Due to its features, it offers a consistent, reliable fit while moving with the body and remains positioned right over the stoma.
• Ease of application: The barrier uses an inverted shape, helping the patient fit the wafer to their stoma. Once it is secured, the patient turns the petal formation outward, which helps the barrier remain in place and prevents folding or wrinkling during use.
• Less ballooning: The SenSura Mio full-circle pre-filter allows for a slow release of gas and deodorization. The result reduces ballooning up to 61%, lessening visibility during the day and helping you sleep better at night.
• Accommodates Outward Body Shapes: The ends of the inverted star-shaped barrier plate hug the body, aligning with curves and less likely to crease or fold during wear.
• Natural feel: A unique elastic and fit zones help the SenSura Mio Convex Flip move with the body, lessening potential detachment risks.