SOLOSITE is a hydrogel wound dressing formulated with preservatives to create a moist healing environment and draw in exudate. While delivering hydration to non-viable tissue, this hydrogel dressing helps a wound maintain its shape and proceed through the healing process.
How it Works
Packaged in an easy-to-use flip-top tube, SOLOSITE utilizes a gentle formula that won’t irritate or increase sensitivity of the skin and can even be used on delicate granulation tissue. In the process, this wound gel:
- Assists with rehydrating wound tissue.
- Works to slough off dry eschar tissue.
- Absorbs exudate to prevent the fluid from spreading beyond the wound bed.
- Helps with autolytic debridement when necrotic tissue covers a wound.
This cost-effective, multi-dose solution helps create an ideal wound healing environment for:
- Partial-thickness wounds, including cuts and abrasions
- Skin tears
- Surface lacerations
- First-degree burns
In a medical environment, the solution further assists with the management of:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Surgical incisions
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous ulcers
SOLOSITE is designed for up to one dressing change per day. When changing a wound:
- First, clean the wound with a saline solution or wound cleanser.
- Apply SOLOSITE at a thickness of 5mm directly to the wound bed, not going beyond the wound’s surface.
- Cover the wound with a secondary dressing, including a foam, transparent film or gauze.
- Change the wound dressing and replenish SOLOSITE daily, or as directed by a doctor.
- If the wound does not improve within seven days, seek medical attention.