Cardinal Health is proud to offer effective compression solutions for the recuperating patient. Our T.E.D.™ anti-embolism stockings are clinically proven to reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which can extend up to six weeks after hospitalization.
• Address two components of Virchow’s Triad: Stasis and vessel wall damage
Ease of use
• Fits a wide range of patients
• A defined heel pocket is designed to aid correct placement
• Designed for the recuperating patient* with closed-toe style for everyday use
Safety by design
• A clinically proven pressure pattern increases blood flow velocity and reduces venous distension
• A pressure break at the popliteal vein helps to ensure that blood will continue to flow smoothly through this critical area*
• Interrupted band and 2-ply gusset prevent a tourniquet effect at the femoral vein
• Inlay circumferential knit, helping to provide one way horizontal stretch*
• Not manufactured with natural rubber latex
1 Insert hand into stocking as far as the heel pocket.
2 Grasp center of heel pocket and turn stocking inside out to heel area.
3 Carefully position stocking over foot and heel. Be sure heel is centered in heel pocket.
4 Pull stocking up and lift around ankle and calf, working up to fi nal position (top of stocking is positioned approximately one to two inches below the bottom of knee cap). Make sure heel and toe are positioned correctly. Smooth out any excess material between top of stocking and ankle. Pull toe section forward to smooth ankle and instep area and allow for toe comfort.