Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings are designed to create a moist wound healing environment as a primary or secondary dressing, as a skin protector and for covering catheter and IV sites. Once in place, this dressing assists with autolytic debridement.
Benefits of Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings
The construction of Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings is rooted in research stretching back to the 1970s that examines the role of dressings in wound healing. As a result, Tegaderm Transparent Film helps mimic healthy skin, offering semi-permeable construction for moisture management without allowing bacteria and viruses to pass through. At the same time, the flexible, see-through material moves with the body and lets you observe the wound’s healing to accurately schedule dressing changes.
Each Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing includes thin, waterproof film construction with hypoallergenic, latex-free adhesive that conforms to the skin. The dressing remains in place without detaching when exposed to moisture.
Each Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing:
• Creates a waterproof, sterile shield that keeps out bacteria, viruses and other outside debris and liquid.
• Feels gentle against the skin, no matter if it’s holding a catheter in place or dressing a wound.
• Moves with the skin, instead of bunching up or folding during wear.
• Includes specific shapes for wound healing and supporting IVs.
• Offers ease of application, thanks to a unique frame delivery system.
• Lets the skin breathe to control moisture vapor in the wound bed.
• Lasts longer than tape and gauze dressings.
Uses for Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings
Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings may be applied to:
• Protect an IV or catheter site
• Protect the skin
• Secure a feeding tube
• Help heal acute and chronic wounds, superficial to partial-thickness burns
• Protect the eyelid
• Protect tattoos after application or removal