Atrauman® is a line of wound contact layers designed to reduce pain and damage during dressing changes. Atrauman Silicone takes this further with an even more gentle approach.
To do this, Atrauman Silicone contact layers utilize polyethylene terephthalate (PET) mesh coated with silicone as a carrier material. This combination:
• Won’t adhere to the wound bed, creating a gentler experience with less pain during dressing changes and preventing tissue damage.
• Features a fine porous design, which allows wound exudate to pass through to a secondary dressing.
• Won’t disturb the granulation and epithelization processes, which are crucial to the formation of new tissue.
• Allows for a degree of customization, as the layer can be cut to the shape of the wound bed.
• Can be applied quickly and straightforwardly over a wound, through its 0.1-inch thickness and transparent appearance.
• Can protect organs and other sensitive areas of the body during negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT).
• Won’t cause trauma to healthy skin cells upon removal and prevents maceration to the wound’s edges.
• Offers protection for up to seven days.
Atrauman Silicone contact layers can be used with light to moderately exudating injuries, including superficial, chronic, acute and fragile wounds.