A line of moist wound dressings, XTRASORB® products are created with super-absorbent polymer (SAP) technology to hold a high amount of exudate compared to conventional wound dressings. This factor not only allows for more time between dressing changes, but is more cost effective and decreases potential maceration.
XTRASORB® Classic dressings are designed for heavy-exudate wounds, outperforming foam with a non-adherent layer, a strike-through protection top layer, and an SAP fiber core in between.
How it Works
When bodily fluid touches the XTRASORB® Classic, the dressing transforms into a gel. This factor prevents it from leaking out onto surrounding skin and allows the XTRASORB® Classic dressing to be worn under a compression bandage for up to seven days at a time. To do this, this non-adhesive dressing relies on these features:
• Flat edges help the dressing fit to the wound bed for straightforward, targeted application.
• A non-adherent contact layer won’t stick to the wound bed, reducing trauma during changes.
• A distribution layer prevents exudate from accumulating in one spot.
• Super-absorbent polymer fibers in the core hold onto a high amount of exudate for their weight and turn into a gel when in contact with bodily fluids. This factor extends time between dressing changes, locks in the fluid, and controls matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) to create an ideal healing environment.
• A strike-through protective outer layer prevents the exudate from leaking out.
Use XTRASORB® Classic absorbent dressing to help heal or manage:
• Pressure ulcers
• Venous leg ulcers
• Arterial ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Post-op wounds
• Traumatic wounds
• Donor sites
• First- and second-degree burns