Medihoney is a special type of honey indigenous to New Zealand, called Active Leptospermum (or Manuka) Honey. This honey has been shown to have unique properties that are advantageous to wound healing, including a low pH and high osmolarity. Medihoney is indicated for use on lightly to moderately exuding wounds, or wounds that are difficult to manage due to their odd shape or placement on the body. This non-toxic dressing can be used as a cornerstone for wound bed preparation, and throughout all the phases of wound healing. Does not contain natural rubber latex.
• Helps to maintain a moist environment for optimal healing
• High osmotic potential pulls fluid from deeper tissues to the wound surface, aiding in autolytic debridement
• Low pH helps to lower the pH within the wound environment which has been shown to have wound healing benefits.
• Is easy-to-use, non-toxic, natural and safe with the potential for extended wear times
At a Glance:
• 100% Active Leptospermum Honey
• Demonstrated positive clinical outcomes
• Optimal for deep tunneled or undermined wounds
$6.99 – $479.99