3M’s Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant creates a waterproof, flexible barrier that helps prevent Incontinence Associated Dermatitis (IAD), reduces the need for reapplication and improves upon traditional paste-based solutions.
How it Works
This no-removal, long-lasting barrier can be worn for up to seven days without damaging the skin and prevents irritants from worsening the patient’s condition.
In the process:
- The material protects against gastric fluid and liquid stool while allowing the patient to move naturally.
- Compared to pastes, Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant provides a higher degree of transparency for improved monitoring.
- A single-use applicator prevents potential cross-contamination and helps improve healing.
- Once in place, Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant won’t shift or detach, no matter if the patient has dry or wet skin or a weeping wound.
- Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant won’t damage or irritate the skin during the removal process.
- Following removal, the skin simply needs to be cleaned.
The solution is ideal for:
- Peristomal and peritube skin protection
- Addressing moisture and friction lesions
- Reversing and preventing the spread of IAD
- Reducing patient pain
$9.69 – $254.99