• Business +
The 3M Qualitative Fit Test Apparatus offers a simple way to meet the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) qualitative fit testing requirements. It can be used to assess the face-to-respirator seal of any particulate respirator or gas/vapor respirator with a particulate prefilter.
Fit testing must be performed before a respirator is first issued to a healthcare worker and is required annually thereafter. (Note: a separate user seal check must be performed each time the respirator is worn.) Fit testing is accomplished by spraying a test agent into the hood environment with the respirator in place. If the wearer does not detect the taste of the test agent, an acceptable fit has been demonstrated.
Some benefits of 3M’s Fit Test Apparatus:
– Fast, easy method for performing qualitative fit testing
– Two test agent options are available to determine employee’s taste threshold to test solution – 3M Qualitative Fit Test Apparatus FT-10, Sweet and 3M Qualitative Fit Test Apparatus FT-30, Bitter
– Can be used with any particulate respirator, or any gas/vapor respirator with particulate prefilter
– Convenient, reliable and economical to use
– Provides consistent test atmosphere for test exercises
– Educational materials available from 3M to help you meet
OSHA respirator program requirements
NOTE: Picture does not represent all of the items available to order for the 3M Qualitative Fit Test Apparatus. We encourage you to look at the 3M brochure on these products located under the Product Resources Tab below for more information about each individual item.
Collar, Fit Test Apparatus(Bitter) Contains: FT-31, FT-32, FT-14, FT-15 (1 each); FT-13 (2 each), Fit Test Apparatus(Sweet) Contains: FT-11, FT-12, FT-14, FT-15 (1 each); FT-13 (2 each), Fit Test Solution (bitter), Fit Test Solution (sweet), Sensitivity Solution (sweet), Test Hood
Each, Pack of 2, Box of 6, Box of 10
Most orders ship same day
Straightforward and Streamlined
8am - 7pm EST Monday thru Friday