When a patient starts to experience challenges with emptying their bladder, doctors may recommend a Foley catheter. Conditions leading to this development range from urethral obstructions to nerve damage to irritation during urination to lower output. To address these factors, Foley catheter systems involve inserting a tube into the bladder to help drain urine. For this type of indwelling catheter, the tube remains in place. Urine then flows from the bladder to the tube to a collection bag. A balloon filled with sterile water helps secure the tube.
The Bardia Closed System Foley Catheter Tray includes all components for inserting and securing the tube in a safe, sterile fashion.
Foley catheter kits require a prescription. Patients shouldn’t attempt to insert a Foley catheter themselves without first receiving instruction from a medical professional.
What’s Included with the Bardia Closed System Foley Catheter Tray
Each Bardia Closed System Foley Catheter Tray kit includes the following:
• 5cc silicone-elastomer coated latex Foley catheter already connected to a 2000mL urine drainage bag
• Waterproof underpad
• Fenestrated drape
• Three povidone iodine swab sticks
• Pre-filled 10cc inflation syringe
• 5g lubricating jelly packet
• Two natural latex-free gloves
• Pre-labeled specimen container
• CSR-wrap, single-use covered tray
Product: 802016 & 802018