ConvaTec Stomahesive Paste is a protective hydrocolloid skin barrier solution.
How it Works
This pectin-based product assists with filling in uneven skin surfaces to create a stronger, more reliable seal for an ostomy system.
- Lengthens an ostomy system’s wear time
- Reduces skin inflammation, redness and irritation.
To do this, Stomahesive Paste is formulated with non-sensitizing ingredients, making it applicable for use by a wider range of patients.
Straightforward to use, Stomahesive Paste can be applied directly to the skin barrier or wafer or right onto the skin.
If the patient is using it with the barrier:
- Add a small portion to the adhesive side closer to the opening.
- For an optimal hold, avoid spreading the paste over the area or applying it near the outside edge.
- Place the barrier over the stoma after adding the paste, and evenly apply a light amount of pressure to distribute the paste over the skin.
If applying directly to the skin:
- The barrier should be cleaned and prepared as normal.
- The paste should be added onto the skin surrounding the stoma, including in any folds or on uneven or scarred areas.
- The paste may need to be spread over the area, which should be done with a wet finger.
- Afterwards, apply light, even pressure to the skin barrier over the stoma.
After 48 hours after application, the paste can be removed with the skin barrier. The user should be able to wash any residue off with warm water and a cloth.