CUTIMED® SORBACT® WCL (WOUND CONTACT LAYER) is applied in direct contact with the wound, where Bacteria and / or fungi are attracted to the DACC-coated surface, through hydrophobic interaction and become irreversibly bound to the dressing fibers. These bound pathogens are then removed with each dressing change. This helps to reduce the overall bacterial / fungal load and encourages the natural healing process.
• Effective in the cleansing of unclean, colonized and infected wounds
• Avoids side effects such as bacterial resistance, cytotoxic effects or allergies
• Creates optimum conditions for the natural wound healing process
• Irreversibly binds and inactivates wound pathogens
• Binds physically with no chemical agents that produce resistance
Cutimed® Sorbact® may be used on chronic wounds including: venous, arterial, diabetic or pressure ulcers, post-operative dehisced wounds, traumatic wounds, wounds post-excision of fistulas and abscesses and dermal fungal infections.
Do not use in combination with ointments and creams.