KerraLite Cool™ is a dressing using a transparent hydrogel that creates an ideal healing environment for dry or low-exudate wounds and helps debride tissue. As its key ingredient, hydrogel helps maintain the right amount of moisture, absorbing water while providing a degree of permeability.
How it Works
KerraLite Cool™ offers a cool, soothing sensation created through a combination of fluid-repellent, flexible and breathable polyurethane film and pro-ionic gel contact layer. This biomimetic copolymer system:
• Won’t adhere to the wound bed, reducing maceration risks.
• Improves how the dressing interacts with wound fluid, absorbing excess through an ionic polymer matrix and controlling bacterial growth.
• Can be used for multiple wound types, including chronic wounds.
• Works to cleanse the wound before sloughing off necrotic tissue and improving granulation tissue formation.
• Stays in place with an adhesive border.
• Won’t dry out during use and prevents wound dehydration.
• Lessens discomfort during dressing changes through a cooling sensation.