How Melgisorb Plus works
Melgisorb Plus absorbs large amounts of wound exudate.
When absorbing, the alginate fibers become gel-like providing a moist environment conducive to wound healing. The dressing can easily be removed by irrigating with 0.9% normal saline.
Benefits of Melgisorb Plus
• Highly absorbent
• Does not adhere to the wound site when gelled
• Can be cut to shape
Wear time: Change Melgisorb Plus dressing when saturation is reached. Melgisorb Plus can be left in place for several days depending on wound condition or as indicated by clinical practice.
• Melgisorb Plus is intended for a wide range of moderately to heavily exuding wounds, such as:
• Pressure injury
• Venous and arterial injury
• Diabetic injury
• Donor sites
• Post operative wounds
• Dermal lesions and other external wounds inflicted by trauma
Hydrophilic alginate fibers
• Soft sterile dressing made of Calcium Sodium Alginate fibers
• Excellent absorption – for high exuding wounds
• High wet strength – to allow removal in one piece
• High retention – to limit maceration