Active vacuum technology drains quickly and comfortably without the need for gravity. Bottles available in 500 ml and 1000 ml sizes.
• More than 15 years of clinical use
• Outcomes published in more than 28 clinical journal articles
• Multi-specialty utilization (oncology, thoracic surgery, pulmonology / interventional pulmonology, interventional radiology)
• Spontaneous pleurodesis in up to 70% of certain patient subgroups(58% overall)
• Rapid symptom relief
• Low infection rates (less than 3%)
• Helps eliminate the need for hospital visits for repeat paracentesis or thoracentesis
Easy to use and well accepted:
• Patients can control their own drainage at home
• Catheter placement usually performed as an outpatient procedure
• Active vacuum technology is safe, comfortable and quick
• Can be utilized by home health and hospice
• Extensive patient education materials available
For more information about PleurX Products or instructions for use, please refer to our Product Resources tab further down the page.