PolyMem Silver dressings combine a hydrophilic membrane with a semi-permeable polyurethane film backing, helping to cleanse, fill and moisten wounds while absorbing exudate for optimal healing. This pad features a non-adhesive backing.
How it Works
Silver is the key ingredient, long used to create an antimicrobial environment for wound healing. Here, high-purity particles are distributed through a PolyMem membrane, allowing for a greater amount of contact over a larger surface area.
Once the dressing comes in contact with the wound’s exudate, the silver ions are released to provide antimicrobial action against bacteria and fungi, killing up to 99.9% of the population present.
As this occurs, the dressing:
• Absorbs any moisture and exudate from the wound bed, turning into a non-adherent gel consistency.
• Helps to loosen and slough off necrotic tissue.
• Shapes to the wound bed as it fills with exudate.
• Utilizes glycerol to prevent adherence to the wound bed, allowing for clean, painless removal during dressing changes and softening the surrounding issue.
• Provides oxygen and moisture permeability while preventing leaks.
• Indicates when the dressing needs to be changed, thanks to a thin, clear backing providing greater visibility.
PolyMem Silver non-adherent dressings:
• Help kill bacteria by delivering a consistent stream of silver ions.
• Reduce the wound’s bioburden.
• Do not require a secondary dressing.
• Absorb up to 10 times their weight in exudate.
• Help reduce maceration risks during dressing changes.
• Do not need to be wet for application.
• Just need to be cut to size and held in place with tape.
Measures: 4.25″ x 12.5″