PolyMem Surgical dressings are specifically designed to focus inflammation to where it is needed—in the operated tissues. Focusing the inflammatory process helps reduce infection risk, pain and swelling and creates an improved healing environment. Products have higher fluid handling capability.
PolyMem dressings have helped clinicians successfully manage millions of wounds worldwide. The dressings protect the wound and ensure moist wound healing by continuously cleansing, filling, absorbing and moistening wounds, regardless if they are healing by primary or secondary intention.
• The PolyMem dressing will expand and conform to the wound.
• The mild, non-toxic, tissue-friendly wound cleanser and the glycerin incorporated in the dressing will be released to the wound bed/incision site, while the superabsorbents and the foam will bind fluid in the dressing.
• The semi-permeable film cover helps maintain appropriate moisture balance.
Other important benefits
• PolyMem surgical dressings, applied at the time of surgery, help improve post-surgical scar appearance.
• Unique shapes for different types of surgery
• The adhesive tape seal is waterproof if properly applied, permitting patients to shower.
• PolyMem dressings adhere well to the skin – even when moist – and provide an optimal environment for moist wound healing.