Allowing for straightforward care and maintenance of a tracheostomy tube, the Shiley™ disposable inner cannula (DIC) is designed for efficient insertion, convenient use and safe disposal. Each Shiley™ DIC is equipped with an integrated 15mm snap-lock connector that easily attaches to other Shiley™ respiratory equipment, including DCT, DFEN, PERC DCFS and DCFN components, all listed below:
Available in Convenient Sizes:
4DIC | Size 4 | I.D. 5.0mm | O.D. 9.4mm | For Use with: 4DCT, 4DFEN, 4DCFS, & 4DCFN
6DIC | Size 6 | I.D. 6.4mm | O.D. 10.8mm | For Use with: 6DCT, 6DFEN, 6DCFS, 6PERC, & 6DCFN
8DIC | Size 8 | I.D. 7.6mm | O.D. 12.2mm | For Use with: 8DCT, 8DFEN, 8DCFS, 8PERC, & 8DCFN
10DIC | Size 10 | I.D. 8.9mm | O.D. 13.8mm | For Use with: 10DCT, 10DFEN, 10DCFS, & 10DCFN
How the Shiley™ Disposable Inner Canula Tube Works
A patient with a cuffless tracheostomy tube and DIC is able to breathe through their upper airway. Made without natural latex and individually packaged, the Shiley™ disposable inner cannula offers a reliable, easy-to-use solution:
• This sterile, individually packaged solution means the disposable inner canula doesn’t need to be cleaned and can be disposed of after use. This further assists with reducing potential infections.
• A key feature of the Shiley™ DIC, a 15mm snap-lock connector eliminates the need to attach a tracheostomy tube with tape and allows for quick connection and release.
• A non-fenestrated design reduces the risk of granuloma formation and is ideal if a patient has a risk for aspiration from saliva or other fluid secretions.
• The Shiley™ disposable inner canula helps provide convenient and safe tracheostomy care and maintenance to patients in medical and home care settings.
• Sold in boxes of 10.
• Compatible with Shiley™ cuff and cuffless tubes, including cuffless fenestrated tubes.