Sorbalgon® is a soft, sterile, latex-free and highly absorbent calcium alginate dressing. Made with high-tensile alginate textile fibers as well as this dressing transforms into a hydrophilic gel once in contact with exudate to conform to and protect the wound bed.
How it Works
To protect the wound:
• Sorbalgon absorbs the wound fluid and takes on a soft yet non-adhering gel consistency. This helps it conform to the wound bed while protecting its tissue from outside substances at the same time.
• Sorbalgon helps create a moist environment for the wound, aiding the healing process without dissolving.
• When the dressing is saturated, it can be removed in one piece without disturbing the wound bed and causing subsequent tissue damage.
• While applied, Sorbalgon absorbs up to 14 times its own weight in exudate, holding onto the fluid in the process.
• Sorbalgon can protect the wound bed for up to seven days.
Sorbalgon dressings are ideal for moderate- to heavy-exudating wounds, including chronic and acute wounds.