Formulated with 3% Bismuth Tribromophenate, Xeroform Non-Occlusive Gauze Dressings allow for bacteriostatic action while lessening trauma to the wound bed with non-adherent construction.
How Do Xeroform Non-Occlusive Gauze Dressings Work?
Designed to aid the wound-healing process, Xeroform Non-Occlusive Gauze Dressings feature a hydrophilic, non-adherent design with mild medicating properties. This combination using fine mesh gauze protects the skin from additional damage while creating a moist healing environment.
To do this:
• Petrolatum containing 3% Bismuth Tribromopenate provides bacteriostatic action for light- to heavy-exudating wounds.
• Sterile fine gauze with a water-in-oil emulsion effect holds onto exudate while keeping the wound moist, which helps tissue heal faster.
• The dressing is easily removed from the wound bed, lessening trauma and improving comfort during wear.
• The gauze dressing can be cut to size to accommodate wounds of varying sizes.
• A low-profile conforming design is ideal for compression therapy, as well as for deep and shallow wounds.
• Non-occlusive dressing allows the wound to breathe
How to Use Xeroform Non-Occlusive Gauze Dressings
Xeroform Non-Occlusive Gauze Dressings are ideal for treating:
• First- and second-degree burns
• New sutures
• Skin graft sites
Gauze should be changed daily, based on exudate absorbed, and requires a secondary dressing to hold in place.