Adapt barrier extenders easily frame the skin barrier, and the thin, flexible hydrocolloid formulation helps conform to uneven body folds and contours. This may help increase wear time, by reducing barrier edge lifting and increasing the adhesive coverage area. These may be beneficial for users who require an additional layer of security, do not use an integrated tape bordered product, or need extra adhesion to accommodate a parastomal hernia or abdominal creases.
• Wide design helps make handling and application easier
• Three-piece configuration surrounds the skin barrier and helps with positioning
• Conforms naturally and easily to body folds and creases
• Allows flexibility of movement
• Not made with natural rubber latex
• May help to provide extra security around the edges of your skin barrier
• May help reduce skin barrier edge lifting
• May help increase skin barrier wear time
• Easily fits around the edges of your skin barrier without adhesive border barrier
• Conforms to your body’s folds and creases
• Provides extra adhesion to accommodate a parastomal hernia
Using Adapt Barrier Extenders
1. Prepare the skin by removing existing skin barrier and clean the skin around the stoma. Apply new skin barrier / pouching system
2. Remove the paper backing from the barrier extender by stretching lightly at each end of the extender
3. Release only one side of the paper backing
4. Place the adhesive end of the barrier extender along the perimeter of the skin barrier; covering both skin barrier and the skin next to it. Remove the remaining paper backing. Run your fingers along the barrier extender to ensure that it adheres well
5. Repeat for any additional strips you require around your barrier
6. The barrier extenders will remove easily with your routine pouch change
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use barrier extenders with skin barriers that have an adhesive border barrier?
YES. Hollister is committed to helping you achieve a good fit with your pouching system. A tape border skin barrier is already designed to provide added security and prevent edge lifting. A barrier extender can be used to help provide extra security when necessary and may increase wear time.
Will this product provide security with my pouching system?
YES. This product will help secure the skin barrier and helps reduce edge lifting. If you are experiencing leakage problems, you should seek professional assistance from a stoma care nurse or health care professional.
Do barrier extenders contain latex?
NO. The product is made with hydrocolloid adhesive and polymer/copolymer plastics and not with natural rubber latex.
Is the packaging recyclable?
YES. Hollister strives to be environmentally responsible by being a steward of earth’s limited resources. The plastic packaging is recyclable.
Can I use less than three barrier extenders?
YES. The strips are to help provide you with extra security around your barrier. Use the strips in areas which you feel necessary or contact your stoma care nurse or health care professional to discuss.