• Business +
CeraPlus™ Barrier Extenders are infused with ceramide to protect the skin and provide an added sense of security by framing the skin barrier with a thin, flexible, hydrocolloid adhesive. Use three individual pieces to surround your ostomy barrier, or use the strips in areas which you feel necessary to create a personalized fit.
CeraPlus™ Barrier Extenders help prevent leakage by holding the skin barrier in place and reducing barrier edge lifting. They conform easily to the natural folds and movement of the body, helping to increase barrier wear time and deliver an extra boost of confidence throughout the day.
• Infused with ceramide
• Thin, flexible, hydrocolloid adhesive
• Three-piece configuration
• Wide design for easier handling and application
• Not made with natural rubber latex
• May help to provide extra security around the edges of your skin barrier
• May help reduce skin barrier edge lifting
• May help increase skin barrier wear time
• Easily fits around the edges of your skin barrier without adhesive border barrier
• Conforms to your body’s folds and creases
• Provides extra adhesion to accommodate a parastomal hernia
Using CeraPlus Barrier Extenders
1. Prepare the skin by removing existing skin barrier and clean the skin around the stoma. Apply new skin barrier / pouching system
2. Remove the paper backing from the barrier extender by stretching lightly at each end of the extender
3. Release only one side of the paper backing
4. Place the adhesive end of the barrier extender along the perimeter of the skin barrier; covering both skin barrier and the skin next to it. Remove the remaining paper backing. Run your fingers along the barrier extender to ensure that it adheres well
5. Repeat for any additional strips you require around your barrier
6. The barrier extenders will remove easily with your routine pouch change
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use barrier extenders with skin barriers that have an adhesive border barrier?
YES. Hollister is committed to helping you achieve a good fit with your pouching system. A tape border skin barrier is already designed to provide added security and prevent edge lifting. A barrier extender can be used to help provide extra security when necessary and may increase wear time.
Will this product provide security with my pouching system?
YES. This product will help secure the skin barrier and helps reduce edge lifting. If you are experiencing leakage problems, you should seek professional assistance from a stoma care nurse or health care professional.
Do barrier extenders contain latex?
NO. The product is made with hydrocolloid adhesive and polymer/copolymer plastics and not with natural rubber latex.
Is the packaging recyclable?
YES. Hollister strives to be environmentally responsible by being a steward of earth’s limited resources. The plastic packaging is recyclable.
Can I use less than three barrier extenders?
YES. The strips are to help provide you with extra security around your barrier. Use the strips in areas which you feel necessary or contact your stoma care nurse or health care professional to discuss.
Box of 30
Most orders ship same day
Straightforward and Streamlined
8am - 7pm EST Monday thru Friday