3M™ Kerramax Care™ encompasses a line of highly absorbent wound dressings designed to draw in wound exudate through an innovative wicking layer offering a mix of horizontal and vertical action. This design uses the dressing’s full surface area to absorb and hold onto wound fluid and any bacteria and MMPs, and conforms to the shape of the wound bed. As a result, the wound continues to heal, rather than stall or experience an infection.
How Do 3M™ Kerramax Care™ Gentle Border Dressings Work?
Designed to conform to a range of wound types and shapes, 3M™ Kerramax Care™ Gentle Border dressings improve healing through the following features:
3M adds Exu-Safe™ Technology to the dressing’s core. What results provides a high degree of absorbency and exudate management. Once the dressing is applied, Exu-Safe™ Technology moves fluid and any microorganisms contained from the wound bed to the dressing. This super-absorbent core can manage both viscous and serous exudate.
During changes, Exu-Safe™ Technology prevents fluid from leaking around the dressing edges, reducing maceration risks even when the dressing is applied with a compression bandage.
A Multi-Part Design
Kerramax Care™ Gentle Border dressings are equipped with both a wicking layer that evenly distributes exudate to prevent gathering in one area, and a heat-sealed border, which further assists with containing wound fluid. Both sides of the dressing feature a soft, non-woven material that improves patient comfort.
Benefits of Kerramax Care™ Dressings
Kerramax Care™ is ideal as either a primary or secondary dressing to facilitate the healing process. Once applied, it:
• Helps improve patient comfort.
• Holds onto a greater amount of exudate through its unique distribution mechanism and absorbent, multi-layer design.
• Prevents maceration and other wound complications.
• Can be layered with other Kerramax Care™ dressings to improve absorbency for high-exudate wounds.
• Allows for longer wear, reducing the number of dressing changes. Kerramax Care™ dressings can be worn for up to seven days.
• Helps with reducing infection risks.
• Offers a foldable, conformable design that accommodates a range of wounds.
• Allows for ease of application, including usage from both sides.
• Helps reduce proteinases (MMPs).
• Can be used in conjunction with low to moderate compression.
Uses for Kerramax Care™ Dressings
Kerramax Care™ dressings are designed for use with:
• High-exudate pressure ulcers
• Leg ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Acute and chronic wounds
Patients with allergies or sensitivities to sodium polyacrylate, viscose, polyethylene terephthalate or vinyl acetate should not use KerraMax Care Gentle Border Dressings.