MediHoney dressings use medical-grade Active Leptospermum honey to wick and absorb wound fluid while assisting with debridement. MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings turn into a gel once in contact with exudate and release honey to create a pH-balanced healing environment.
About MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings
Honey has been used as a healing agent for thousands of years. MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings are based on this history and use Active Leptospermum honey — derived from tea trees.
MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings contain 95% Active Leptospermum honey. An impregnated dressing, this solution draws in exudate while transforming into a gel and infusing honey into the wound bed.
• Creates a moist healing environment through osmotic properties that helps even challenging, chronic wounds improve.
• Provides a degree of autolytic debridement, helping liquify any necrotic tissue present.
• Lowers the wound’s pH level to help it progress through the healing phases.
• Works to absorb exudate.
• Delivers a soothing, cooling effect upon application.
• Uses a transparent construction for better visibility of the wound.
• Allows for extended wear in certain instances.
Uses for MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings
MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings assist with treating:
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Venous statis, arterial and other leg ulcers
• Partial- and full-thickness pressure ulcers
• First- and second-degree partial-thickness burns
• Donor sites
• Surgical wounds
MediHoney Calcium Alginate Dressings should not be used on third-degree burns or by patients with a known honey sensitivity.