Formulated with Safetac® technology, Mepitac is a soft silicone tape designed for use on fragile and sensitive skin. This silicone medical tape assists with securing dressings and holding a range of medical devices in place and limits pain and trauma upon removal.
How Does Mepitac Silicone Tape for Skin Work?
Silicone construction creates a comfortable tape that’s easy to apply and remove. Ideal for neonates, dialysis patients, the elderly and reapplying medical devices and dressings, Mepitac tape:
• Uses Safetac® technology for gentle, reliable fixation that won’t tear or irritate fragile or sensitive skin upon reapplication and removal.
• Can be used to secure a range of medical devices, including drains, tubes, IV cannulas, probes and electrodes, as well as dressings.
• Is made with a silicone contact layer, breathable polyurethane foam and knit fabric to avoid chemical interactions, encourage wound healing and prevent damage to the wound bed and surrounding skin, and won’t leave a residue.
• Assists with scar management, as it can conform to uneven, contoured surfaces and allows for consistent contact.
• Can be used for multiple days and allows for repositioning and reapplication.
• Helps with managing moisture, including blocking it from the exterior and allowing it to evaporate from the wound bed.
What Is Mepitac Tape Used For?
Apply Mepitac silicone tape to:
• Secure dressings for wound care in place.
• Support tubes, drains, probes, IV tubing and electrodes, including for regular application and removal.