Creating a long-lasting antimicrobial barrier, Silver-Sept Silver is a clear, latex free, amorphous hydrogel formulated with 200μg/gram total silver. Once applied, this primary wound dressing creates a moist environment that improves healing while absorbing a mild amount of exudate.
• Halts the growth of common types of bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Serratia marcescens, antibiotic-resistant strains, such as MRSA and VRE, and clinically important fungi, such as Candida albicans and Aspergillus niger.
• Creates a moist wound environment in conjunction with a secondary dressing, allowing for new tissue to form.
• Is formulated without latex, lessening the risk for potential allergic reactions and irritation.
Silver-Sept gel is ideal for treating abrasions and lacerations, in addition to:
• Stage I through IV pressure ulcers
• First- and second-degree burns
• Partial- and full-thickness wounds
• Grafted sites
• Donor sites
• Diabetic foot and leg ulcers
Silver-Sept gel offers antimicrobial action for up to three days once applied to the wound bed. More frequent changes may be needed, based upon the amount of exudate. Silver-Sept can further be applied to the peristomal area and worn underneath a barrier plate.
1. Cleanse or debride the wound.
2. Apply the gel at a thickness of 1/8 in. to 3/16 in. directly to the wound bed.
3. Apply and secure a secondary dressing on top.
4. Check the secondary dressing periodically for the amount of exudate; change as needed or every three days.