Vliwasorb dressings utilize a superabsorbent polymer fiber core to absorb its own weight in liquid multiple times over. At the same time, to prevent infection, each Vliwasorb dressing holds onto retained exudate, even under mechanical pressure, to protect the wound’s edges from maceration.
Vliwasorb dressings combine an absorbent pad made with polyethylene, polypropylene, cellulose, and sodium polyacrylate and include a polyurethane membrane backing layer with polyacrylate adhesive that won’t irritate the skin. Each pad:
• Offers a high degree of absorption for its size, thanks to a superabsorbent core that can hold 20 times its weight.
• Allows for fewer dressing changes, which results in lower costs and longer wear and lets the wound rest and heal.
• Reduces infection risks, by holding onto all microbes present in the wound.
• Creates a moist healing environment that further facilitates the wound cleansing process, including sloughing debris.
• Offers a thin, cushioning and flexible construction that won’t stick the wound and can be worn under a compression bandage.
Vliwasorb helps with healing and managing moderate- to heavy-exudate wounds, including:
• Chronic and acute wounds
• Postoperative wounds
• Pressure ulcers
• Venous leg ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
The absorbent pad consists of a super absorbent fiber core, cellulose, and a wound contact layer made of a perforated polyethylene film. The backing layer, the blue non-woven protecting layer, consists of thermally bonded polypropylene fibers.