Enhanced with Remois technology*, the CeraPlus skin barrier fights dryness and potential transepidermal water loss (TEWL), soothing and moisturizing the skin with ceramides.
How It Works
As the factor setting the CeraPlus barrier apart, ceramides naturally occur in the skin’s composition to reduce water loss and maintain moisture. Once the barrier is applied, its moisture-retaining composition reduces dryness around the stoma, which, long term, can lead to irritation and damage.
With a soft, convex shape, the CeraPlus barrier:
- Offers a degree of flexibility that better conforms to uneven skin surfaces without detaching.
- Remains in place, thanks to an adhesive tape border, no matter the area’s shape and folds.
- Features an integrated floating flange, which creates a secure barrier-pouch connection that does not place addition pressure on the abdomen.
- Cut-to-fit construction helps patients fit the system to their stoma.
- Latex free to reduce additional irritation.
- Bring together all supplies needed to clean the stoma and attach the barrier. For cut-to-fit options, you will further need a measuring guide, pen and scissors.
- Detach the existing barrier by lifting one corner and peeling it away from the skin in a downward motion. Clean the skin with soap and water after.
- To cut the barrier, first measure the stoma. It should be large enough to cover the stoma only, without skin showing along the edge.
- Trace the size, based on the measurement guide, onto the barrier.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the barrier; however, do not cut beyond the release liner.
- Then, position the barrier in a diamond arrangement over the stoma.
- Remove the backing paper from both sides before application.
- Apply light pressure against the barrier for roughly a minute to secure it to your skin.
- Once it is secure, connect the barrier’s flange to the pouch’s flange. Then, close the pouch.
*Remois is a technology of Alcare Co., Ltd.